The Asheville Breweries
Got a beer lover coming with you to East Fork Ranch this year? It’s definitely time to head 30 minutes east to explore the Asheville breweries. Asheville, NC (and all of Western North Carolina) make a perfect “beercation”. With over 70 craft breweries pouring in the region, NPR once called it the “Napa Valley of Beer!”. Asheville, NC also has been named Beer City USA for four years in a row and featured on CNN’s 8 Best Beer Towns in the USA. Here’s our complete list of the 25+ breweries located in the Asheville area . Later we will explore the breweries in the surrounding areas like Waynesville, Sylva, and Brevard.
If your looking for a really unique way to explore the Asheville Breweries, be sure to look into one of many tour companies offering brewery tours. Leap Frog Tours, LaZoom, Asheville Brewery Tours, and BrewEd all offer an experience any beer lover will enjoy.
Asheville Breweries We Love!
Green Man Brewing-This is one of our favorites! Green Man is tucked away in the South Slope area of Downtown Asheville along with a few other breweries, Vortex Doughnuts, Buxton Public House, and outdoor giant ENO. They recently finished construction on their new 20,000 square foot expansion, nicknamed the “Greenmansion”, which also houses a tasting room and outdoor seating. If they are super busy, ask them about “Dirty Jacks” their original location which is more low key and just down the street.
Asheville Brewing Company– Known not only for their beer, but also their a great menu. They have two locations. The downtown location has an awesome outdoor seating area perfect for families with kids. The north Asheville location has a movie theater and game room.
Lexington Avenue Brewery-Also known as “the LAB”, this brewery is located in the heart of downtown on one of the funkiest streets, Lexington Ave. Amazing rotating menu, seasonal beers, and if you get a spot in the front window-it’s perfect for people watching.
Wedge Brewing-Tucked away in the River Arts District (RAD) with two locating each housed in old warehouses, they are a favorite among the locals. Most of their seating is outside at both locations and there is a food truck always serving food. Both are a great place to start an evening, since they close early most nights. They also have outdoor movies in the summer. Very pet and kid friendly!
Upcountry Brewing-Located in West Asheville, this brewery is located on Haywood Rd. in a mostly residential neighborhood. There are typically 5+ beers on tap, they have a full restaurant on site with awesome food, and live music/entertainment most nights. Also has great outdoor seating with picnic tables. They are currently expanding to include even more outdoor seating and more brewing capacity.
Highland Brewing-You can’t visit Asheville, NC and not check out Highland. They were the first in Asheville brewing scene and still going strong. Housed in a restored movie lot, the grounds are awesome. Very kid friendly with lots of room outside to play. Be sure to check their calendar, they always have live music inside and on the beautiful outdoor stage.
Whistle Hop Brewing-We just recently heard about this little brewery a little east of downtown in Fairview. Housed in an old caboose this little brewery is awesome! Lots of outdoor seating, good beer and the unique setting make this one you should check out for sure.
Complete List of all the Asheville Breweries
Asheville Area Breweries
- Altamont Brewing: www.altamontbrewing.com
- Archetype Brewing: www.archetypebrewing.com
- Asheville Brewing Company: www.ashevillebrewing.com
- Burial Beer Co.: www.burialbeer.com
- Bhramari Brewing Company: www.bhramaribrewhouse.com
- Catawba Brewing Co: www.catawbavalleybrewingcompany.com
- French Broad Brewing Company: www.frenchbroadbrewery.com
- Gingers Revenge: www.gingersrevenge.com
- Green Man Brewing: www.greenmanbrewery.com
- Highland Brewing: www.highlandbrewing.com
- Hi-Wire Brewing Co.: www.hiwirebrewing.com
- Lexington Avenue Brewing: www.lexavebrew.com
- New Belgium: www.newbelgium.com/community/ashevillebrewery.aspx
- One World Brewing: www.oneworldbrewing.com
- Oyster House Brewing Company: www.oysterhousebeers.com
- Pisgah Brewing (Black Mountain): www.pisgahbrewing.com
- Sierra Nevada: www.sierranevada.com/brewery/north-carolina/brewery-tour
- Sweeten Creek Brewing: www.sweetencreekbrewing.com
- Thirsty Monk: www.monkpub.com
- Twin Leaf Brewery: www.twinleafbrewery.com
- Upcountry Brewing: www.upcountrybrewing.com
- Whistle Hop Brewing Company: www.whistlehop.com
- Wicked Weed Brewing: www.wickedweedbrewing.com
- Wedge Brewing: www.wedgebrewing.com
- Zillicoah Beer Company: www.zillicoahbeer.com